THIS PROGRAM IS BEING POSTPONED. A new date has not yet been determined. We apologize for the inconvenience but hope you understand. We want to do our part in these trying times.
Presented by Lonny Gulden, the Twin Cities LinkedIn Guru
LOCATION: Christ Presbyterian Church, Hwy. 100 & 70th Street, Edina, MN - Room 10 in the lower level of the church (programs are non-denominational and open to anyone who wants to attend).
LinkedIn has become the #1 social media tool for job seekers, but it’s also an avenue that can be used by currently employed individuals seeking a new position.
LinkedIn expert Lonny Gulden will present this evening's session and will provide a handout titled, "Ten Steps to Getting the Max from Linkedin."
Questions that will be addressed include:
1. When is it worth paying for the premium service? Can someone conduct all key tasks during the 30 day free trial?
2. What are the keys to building a strong profile?
3. How should I handle a period of unemployment?
4. How should I respond to a connection request from a total stranger? And the reverse: should I connect with people I don’t know but who could be helpful in my job search?
5. Are there any “rules of thumb” about LinkedIn’s groups?
6. Are there any books dealing with LinkedIn that you recommend?
About Our Presenter
Lonny Gulden has been “majoring” in LinkedIn for 14 years. He has been an executive career coach and executive outplacement counselor for over 30 years. His work includes services in career counseling, outplacement, and job transition coaching for managers and executives. His approach is based on these steps: Attitude Assessment, Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, Networking, Interviewing, and Salary Negotiation. Lonny is a graduate of St. Cloud State University.
There is no need to register in advance. The session is free and open to the public.
Anyone is welcome to attend. PLEASE LET OTHERS KNOW WHO MAY BE INTERESTED IN THIS PROGRAM.